Frequently asked questions
What is the aim / goal of the Hôtel des Patients?
- The Hôtel des Patients delivers health, bedrooms, food and beverage services. Most of the clients are independent patients, needing low intensity care or check-ups that can be organised directly within our Hotel des Patients. Nevertheless the Hôtel des Patients welcomes other clients such as business men, leisure guests, etc.
How can I cancel my booking and how long in advance?
- Bedroom bookings are guaranteed until 6.00 pm on your arrival’s date. If you are planning to arrive after 6.00 pm, we will require a credit card number to secure the booking. Without a guarantee, the bedroom booking will be cancelled after 6.00 pm. If you have given a credit card number to secure the booking and you wish to cancel the reservation, that must be done before 6.00pm on the arrival’s day, if not the first night will be charged.
- Booking for Patients will be done directly by doctors, nurses or CHUV’s staff.
Is there a different in price for additional bed for children or adults ?
- Additional beds are only available for children under 2 years old in parents room. Within our hotel we have several bedrooms categories welcoming up to 4 adults in one bedroom. If you require further details, do not hesitate to contact our front desk.
Is there a difference price for children ?
- Children under 16 years old are complementary if they share the parents’ room, either a superior or family room (breakfast is free for them, no cost for the bedroom, however above 12 years old they need to be charged for the city tax at CHF 3.10 / child / night).
Can I book a parking space in advance?
- Unfortunately reserving a parking space is not possible, policy is first come first served as we have a reduced number of parking spaces within the Hotel des Patients
Can I leave my car several days in the hotel’s parking?
- As long as you have got a bedroom and you stay within our hotel, it is possible. The rate is CHF 20.00 / 24h.
Can I take my guide dog within the hotel?
- Yes, but only guide dogs and police dogs are allowed within the Hotel des Patients. Any other animals are not allowed in the hotel.
Does the Hôtel des Patients offer free complementary metro and bus day passes for Lausanne ?
- The Hôtel des Patients offers complementary passes for the length of your stay as long as you pay the city tax. Patients cannot have that facility. We deliver the pass on your arrival day and the pass is valid for the whole length of your stay within the Hotel.
Does the Hôtel des Patients offer tickets / reduction for museums or activities within Lausanne?
- There are several offers and reductions within Lausanne, do not hesitate to contact the front desk / reception to learn more on the different offers.
Regarding specific requirements for food such as gluten free or lactose free dishes, what is the policy of the Hôtel des Patients?
- No specific dishes are served. However, we have a large range of choices within our buffet and that will allow you to choose your meal according your specific dietary requirements.