Health and safety measures put in place at the Hôtel des Patients
- Wearing a mask is mandatory for staff
- Mandatory wearing of masks in common areas for clients/patients
- Disinfectant available at the reception counter and in the restaurant
- Buffets are replaced by a table service
- The tables in the restaurant are at a distance of 1.5m
- A marking on the ground allows to respect the distance and the flow of customers / patients.
- Rooms and public areas are disinfected daily and special care is taken with door handles, remote controls, telephones etc.
The Hôtel des Patients – A pilot project in partnership with the CHUV
As the first establishment of its kind in Switzerland, the Hôtel des Patients is a concept that draws on the success experienced by Scandinavian countries. Its clientele includes passing tourists, business travellers, the families of patients, not forgetting the patients themselves.
The rehabilitation of patients staying at the hotel is promoted by an environment that is far more serene and welcoming than the one often found in a hospital setting. Quality medical care is discreetly provided at the health centre, located within the hotel itself.
This partnership also gave the opportunity to the CHUV to further develop the professional training of apprentices in the field of hospitality .
Furthermore, the Hôtel des Patients gives the opportunity to interns from the renowned École Hôtelière de Lausanne to discover an innovation concept in hospitality management.